Sunday 29 November 2015

Rudai 21 - Infographics

Rudai 21 - Infographics

I did not know a thing about the world of infographics until now. I have had a look at some of the tools that are available.  I could spend all day looking at the posters on display in Easel.ly - how wonderfully creative people are. Illustrator tool I thought looked a bit complicated to use - Easel.ly and Canva look user friendly. Some of the tools are free to use yet for the better images you have to pay. Came across a website mentioned called morguefile.com which gives free photographs and no attribution required - good to know. I really like Wordle - I have seen this used before it looks edgy and modern - great for young audience - can give across a message in just a few words. Muzy Thoughts had really nice templates for a quieter type of message.

Posters for students on some aspects of information literacy and some posters and flyers for our upcoming 1916 library exhibition are jumping to mind as to what I could use infographics for. Even though some of the tools say they are easy to use - I do not know if I would have the skills on my own to put a poster together - a few heads would be better - little bit of brainstorming - second opinions - help with the layout and wording. Infographics seem to be a bright and modern way of getting across even the most mundane piece of information and I will definitely be tinkering around with these tools and trying to come with ideas for use.

Blogging out,

Catty.

No comments:

Post a Comment