Tuesday 17 November 2015

Rudai 14 - Augmented Reality

I had a look at librARi and thought the option of scanning a book at the desk to find another similar book is a great option - students would really like that.

I also really liked Google Street View for libraries - is there any option of adding captions to the video at certain points in the library with this?

Could not acces Anatomy 4D but found 4D Anatomy! - lets say what little I could watch has put me off my lunch. This one's for the medical students!  It is a fantastic tool though - scary what can be done.

Libraries can change lives - it was wonderful to listen to people praise libraries - make me realise why I am in this job - childhood days spent in the library. It was nicely done using Layar - would be great for using for promotions or training.

The field trip app looked great too - when is the bus leaving!

I have used devices like these in museums and art galleries - I cannot remember exactly where - I think one was in the Vatican museum - and one in the National Art Gallery, Dublin - I thought they were really informative and you had control when over when you wanted to dip in and out.

As for using them in my own library - students love technology - if they help them to find their way around or find out more about a book or even if they help your library to look techie cool - why not!


Blogging out,

Catty.



No comments:

Post a Comment