Friday 13 November 2015

Rudai 12 - Attending Conferences.

I recently attended and gave a presentation at Innovation Day - New Spaces and New Models for Frontline Services at Maynooth University in September. Very interesting conference - met lots of new people from academic libraries around the country.

One or two people I had met before at another conference I attended in April at the University of Limerick about "The Academic Library's Role in Supporting New Students: Transition Success and Retention" another very interesting event.

I sourced these events through ANLTC website and from my employer. I was allowed time off along with other members of staff to attend and transport was covered. I take hand written notes and always ask could the organisers send me the slides afterwards.

I enjoyed both, I actually like meeting new people - giving a presentation for the first time was a bit scary though -  but everybody was so kind giving little praises.

It is always interesting to find out what other libraries are doing - it gives you a benchmark as to how you are doing - coming away with new ideas - seeing what a great job people are doing - how clever they are coming up with these ideas - what problems we experience.  I am so impressed at how innovative librarians seem to be - they love a challenge - always about how we can do things better.


Blogging out,

Catty.

No comments:

Post a Comment