Sunday 29 November 2015

Rudai 20 - Presentation

Rudai 20 - Presentation

 Frontline Services Presentation

This is a presentation I gave some time ago to my library peers. It was about library frontline services in the workplace. I had to do it on a bit short notice. The slides were mainly visual images and I gave a little talk on each one. I was sorry I did not put a little more textual information with each slide from the viewers point and as prompts for myself. I remember at one point I felt myself losing my train of thought as I had to keep looking at my own notes in front of me. I wish if I had more time to prepare for it - I would have added some usage statistics slides to fill out the presentation.

You really need time to prepare a good presentation and to rehearse it a few times and get used to hearing your own voice. Rather nerve wrecking giving presentations but if you know your subject matter you do feel more confident. I gave a few presentations in previous jobs I had - they were mostly statistical and I used flip charts and white boards. I'm not afraid of standing up in front people - I do it everyday in the library! - but I do find myself getting a little flustered when I have to go on talking continuously for too long!

Just as an edit to this blog which was originally sent out on the 29/11/15 - I have sent my Presentation Slides to Wayne Gibbons on the Rudai23 team - I was a little doubtful about putting them up here as they were compiled for my employer -  going back to the Legal Rudai I think they actually then belong to my employer - could be wrong but just being on the safe side.


Blogging out,
Catty.

No comments:

Post a Comment